What is eConsult?
eConsult is a clever bit of software that allows you to quickly and safely get help and advice from your GP practice online, for free, from anywhere. eConsult is a form-based online consultation platform that collects your medical or administrative request and sends it through to your practice to triage and decide on the right care for you and everyone else. Please select the appropriate eConsult icon for the practice you are registered with to submit an eConsultation so your GP can help you.
How does eConsult work?
eConsult lets you consult with your NHS GP online by completing a quick form that is sent and reviewed by the practice. You can also be directed to patient self-help, pharmacy advice and local self-referral services.
Benefits of using eConsult
- Patients may not need a trip to the surgery and their query may be resolved with a phone call
- There is no need to change surgery to get digital first access. Patients complete an online GP consultation with their own practice when they need to
- Medical advice is available 24/7 even when the practice is closed – Patients can check their health symptoms online and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS content
- Patients will get a response from their own NHS GP practice by the end of the next working day or sooner
- Access wherever and whenever patients want from any device. Unlike a telephone call patients can complete an eConsult at a pace that suits them, without taking up practice time
- Patients can request sick notes and test results without the need for an appointment saving patient and practice time