The NHS App and Patient Access are two excellent online services available to patients at Mendip Vale Medical Group. You will find they save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and frequent prescriptions.
Both online services are quick, easy and convenient to use from a smartphone, tablet or computer, and can be accessed 24 hours 7 days a week.
The NHS App
The NHS App provides a simple and secure way for people to access a range of NHS services on their smartphone or tablet. Use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms with the NHS symptom checker
- find out what to do when you need help urgently
- book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
- view your GP medical record securely
- register to be an organ donor
- choose how the NHS uses your data
Mendip Vale Medical Group is now connected to the app. You can set this up without coming into the practice to request this. Simply register with the App and they will carry out checks to confirm your identity. The App will then securely connect to information from the practice. To keep your access secure, the App will send a security code to your phone each time you use it. If you have any issues using or downloading the app, check the NHS App help and support page at www.nhs.uk
Patient Access is a website and mobile app which gives you access to a range of GP services online (click here), as well as access to your health records. Registering for the Patient Access service is easy and takes just a few minutes. Simply drop into one of our sites and bring with you:
- 2 forms of identification – one of these should have your photograph and the other should show proof of your current address.
- Photo ID can be either your driving licence or passport
- Proof of address ID can be a recent utility bill (e.g. gas, electric, satellite, TV, phone bill) issued within the last 3 months, a bank statement, council tax bill for the current council tax year, or mortgage statement
We will ask you to complete a quick form, verify your ID and issue you with a username and password. You will then be able to use Patient Access online service to:
- order your repeat prescriptions
- book a routine appointment
- cancel an appointment
- change your contact details
- review your medications and known allergies
- view your medical records
If you require extra help with Patient Access, visit their online support page.
If you are still experiencing issues with registering your details or accessing Patient Access following registration, please contact the practice either by dropping into one of our sites where a member of our front of house team will be more than happy to help, or by dropping us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org