Working in conjunction with the Surgery Manager you will provide day to day supervision and management of the Patient Co-ordinator / Admin / Dispensary staff within your span of control. Your role is to enable the Surgery to meet its agreed aims and objectives within a profitable, efficient, safe and effective working environment. Accountable for ensuring that the practice policies and procedures are followed which support the design and delivery of the services are implemented by your team within the Surgery. As the team lead you will motivate and inspire the team, and deliver the highest standards of customer service.
The Key Responsibilities:
- To support service delivery and patient care within the team you lead in line with organisational, local and national guidelines.
- To provide knowledge of the surgery and the administrative and organisational KPI requirements for service delivery to the Surgery Manager.
- To monitor, review and address operational issues of the team.
- To work closely with other Team Leaders to facilitate a collaborative, transparent, and knowledge-sharing environment between all Surgeries.
- To manage all relevant policies and procedures to maximise income across the Surgery.
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Management or ILM qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Sound educational background (4 GCSE’s, grade C or above)
- Evidence of continued learning/personal development in relevant field
- Additionally for Medicines Management Team Leader:
- Dispensing Qualification
- Proven experience on managing a team of clerical staff
- Experience of working to targets and managing team performance
- Experience of working with a busy/demanding environment
- Experience of working in a customer service / patient facing environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of internal policies and procedures and the importance of application.
- Additionally for Medicines Management Team Leader: Experience working with a dispensary/pharmacy team
- Understanding of the service delivery plan and an ability to implement within a team
- Ability to cope and manage rapid and sustained change
- Ability to represent the organisation at an operational level
- Ability to manage time and achieve deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with an ability to present information clearly and succinctly
- Ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of people
- Patient focused and compassionate about delivery of safe and effect care.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to Mendip Vales ethos and values
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Credibility with clinicians and managers – able to gain respect, trust and co-operation quickly
- Resilient and flexible to meet service needs.
- Self-aware and diplomatic
- Ability to work across sites and travel to attend meetings/training/ support in other locations in the interests of MVMG as required
- Ability to attend meetings outside core hours as required
35 – 37.5 per week
Hours to be agreed with successful applicant. Hours may fall within the following shift patterns:
Monday to Friday: Morning 8am-1:30pm, Afternoon: 1pm-6:30pm
Join the Mendip Vale Team today by sending your CV and cover letter to Katie Drew – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, if you don’t hear from us after 10 working days, consider your application unsuccessful – Thank you
To apply for this job please visit katie.