Working as part of a team you will assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Managing the expectations of patients, their carers or guardians in order to provide a high standard of patient focused service. You will pro-actively communicate relevant information between patients and their healthcare professional.
- To support the Team Leader in the delivery of safe and efficient responses to patient requirements.
- Working in our telephone hub being the first contact to our patient enquiries and appointment booking requests.
- Making of appointments by telephone and at the reception desk, using a computerised system.
- Letter scanning and filing, dealing with clerical patient changes of address, completion of forms etc. as required.
- Checking and completion of tasks as appropriate.
- Creation of new patient records.
- Control all patient files and related admin to required quality standards and in line with information governance, GDPR and DPA regulations.
- Maintain accurate records
- GCSE in English and Maths at Grade C or above, or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continued learning/personal development in relevant field
- Experience of reception roles
- Experience of delivering customer service in an a corporate or NHS environment
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage competing demands on time, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Able to apply tact and sensitivity to establish trust and confidence.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate effectively across different levels
- Patient focused and compassionate about delivery of safe and effect care.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to Mendip Vales ethos and values
- Resilient and flexible to meet service need
Hours to be agreed with successful applicant. Hours may fall within the following shift patterns.
Monday to Friday: Morning: 8am-1:30pm, Afternoon: 1pm-6:30pm
Some Saturday overtime will be required supporting 8:30am-12:30pm on a rota basis across the team
We currently have several vacant Patient Co-Ordinator positions across Mendip Vale sites including:
Yatton Surgery (BS49 4ER)
St Georges Surgery (BS22 7SB)
Monks Park Surgery (BS7 0UE)
Langford Surgery (BS40 5EL)
Join the Mendip Vale Team today by sending your CV and cover letter to Katie Drew – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, if you don’t hear from us after 10 working days, consider your application unsuccessful – Thank you
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.