You will ensure that a high quality, safe and efficient dispensing service is available to meet the needs of patients at all times. Operate in accordance with the Surgery dispensary Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that incorporate principles of good dispensing practice and to assist in the update and review of these SOPs as required by the Senior Clinical Pharmacist.
- Issuing stock items and prepared prescriptions.
- Collection of prescription charges/checking patient exemption statements.
- Ensuring that all monies received are appropriately stored and there is a robust record of all financial transactions
- Processing and bundling prescriptions for the Prescription Pricing Authority.
- Ensure drugs are stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensure that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and control recorded in the logbook
- To ensure that all medicines and appliances dispensed are checked against the prescription and whenever there is doubt about the appropriateness of the item, or about the dose or labelling instruction, to check with senior Dispensary members
- Recognised dispensing qualification equivalent to NVQ level 2 or above
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience of working as a dispenser in a pharmacy or dispensing practice
- An appreciation of the nature of GP’s and General Practices
- Knowledge and experience of using Proscript dispensing system
- Ability to use skills in a range of routine situations requiring analysis or comparison of a range of options
- Able to manage own time effectively maintaining a clear sense of priority and direction
- Ability to work accurately with a high level of attention to detail
- Good communication skills, able to communicate effectively across different levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook to intermediate level
- Patient focused and compassionate about delivery of safe and effect care.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to Mendip Vales ethos and values
- Resilient and flexible to meet service needs
Monday 8am – 1:30pm
Tuesday 8am – 1:30pm
Thursday 8am -1:30pm
Friday 8am – 6:30pm
Join the Mendip Vale Team today by sending your CV and cover letter to Katie Drew – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, if you don’t hear from us after 10 working days, consider your application unsuccessful – Thank you
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.