Our Healthy Lifestyles Advisors provide FREE support and advice to help you achieve your health goals. Topics of support include: lose weight, get active, eat well or stop smoking.
Support is focussed on your individual needs and our Healthy Lifestyles Advisors will listen to any concerns you might have and won’t judge you, we are here to help!
You are able to access support for up to 12 weeks with weekly or fortnightly appointments, in 1-1s or groups; in-person, via MS teams or over the phone. We will also follow up with you at 26 weeks to see how you are doing.
You can request support directly by completing our Health MOT https://northsomerset.referral.org.uk/client/registration
For further topic support information:
Lose Weight support: https://www.betterhealthns.co.uk/tools/healthy-lifestyles-advisors-lw/
Get Active support: https://www.betterhealthns.co.uk/tools/healthy-lifestyles-advisors-ga/
Eat Well support: https://www.betterhealthns.co.uk/tools/healthy-lifestyles-advisors-ew/
Smoke Free support: https://www.betterhealthns.co.uk/stop-smoking/
Am I eligible for support?
To be eligible for support you must live in North Somerset and you must answer YES to one of the below requirements to be eligible:
- I am in receipt of income support, income-based job seekers allowance, income-related employment and support allowance
- I am unemployed
- I am employed in a routine based occupation (e.g. routine sales and service, routine production, routine technical, routine operative, routine agricultural)
- I have an annual family income (used to work out tax credits) of £15,276 or less and receive either child tax credit, working tax credit, working tax credit including a disability element
- I am in receipt of universal credit
- I am in receipt of pension credit guarantee credit or pension credit guarantee credit with saving credit
- I have a disability or mental health condition that reduces my ability to carry out day to day activities
- I have a valid HC2 certificate
AND meet our topic eligibility criteria:
|Topic of support||Criteria to access support|
|Lose Weight||Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25 or above in Caucasian adults|
BMI of 23 or above in adults of Black African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin
BMI of 23 or above in adults with comorbidities
|Get Active||Inactive, participating in less than 30 minutes of physical activity per week|
|Eat Well||Poor diet (scored against Eat Well guide recommendations)|
|Stop Smoking||Smoke’s tobacco|
|For all topics||Being physically active / weight loss / dietary change / stop smoking is important to you (e.g. you would like to be more active / are committed to becoming more active)|
Anyone not meeting the above resident and topic criteria are not eligible for support from a Healthy Lifestyles Advisor, but details of other lose weight, get active, eat well and stop smoking local support can be found on our www.betterhealthns.co.uk website. The website also includes information about drinking less alcohol, mental health and wellbeing, sexual health and family health matters including baby, toddler, pregnancy and breastfeeding support. Content covers a wide range of topics for people of all ages. Each section has a mixture of information, support, latest news and stories from North Somerset residents who have made changes to live healthier lifestyles.
Contact the Healthy Lifestyles Advisor team
Telephone: 01934 427661